Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychology
Master degree holders are required to complete the following plus the doctoral dissertation (Directed Research).
1. PSY607 Group Dynamics (9 credits)
2. PSY699 Directed Research
Doctoral students are required to complete all the required courses and to submit the dissertation consisting an original research. To graduate, doctoral candidates must achieve a grade of C (2.0) or better for courses that counted toward the degree and maintain an average grade of B (grade point average of 3.0).
Grade point average system:
A = 4.0 ；B = 3.0；C = 2.0；D = 1.0
For admission to the program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Master degree in related field; or
- Demonstrate the ability to succeed in the Doctoral program
All application must be submitted to Honolulu University (HK) Representative Office.
Each application package must contain:
- A duly completed application form (Download PDF Application Form)
- Copies of academic transcripts or records
- Resume or proof of work experience
- One passport-sized recent photo